Add Gparted into Live's

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 8 23:35:19 UTC 2014

On 2014-08-09 00:46 (GMT+0200) Reindl Harald composed:

>> So what's a live media boot good for if not things little other
>> than live media boot can support

> to test Fedora without install it on a computer
> already running a different OS

That is only *a* reason.

>> (what one does not do every day)? Shouldn't live media
>> have some carrots to compensate for their sloth?

> for the usecase of this topic there are special distributions
> http://gparted.org/livecd.php

One might rather have one good live that does most or all things one needs
live for than a whole bunch of limited purpose media which one might need to
guess what purpose caused their presence in a larger live media collection.

>> Then again, when I need a live media boot, I only trust the
>> live media granddaddy to have everything I need

> you can't have *everything* you *may* need in every imagineable
> situation and since the space on a live-CD is not endless you
> need to draw a line and include packages useful for *most*
> users to get a feeling if Fedora could be the right OS for
> the future

CD, probably, but most who can download or use a CD can do the same with a
DVD, and a DVD can do most things well for which one uses live media. Testing
of a distro is a whole panoply of special cases frequently changing.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/