/media -> /run/media???

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 12:07:21 UTC 2014

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 11:49 AM, Michal Schmidt <mschmidt at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 08/14/2014 12:17 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 10:06:11AM +0200, Ondrej Vasik wrote:
>>> Actually I'm going to revert the /media -> /run/media change.
>
> The above sentence is unfortunately ambiguous.
>
>>> It is really not solving the issue it was trying to help with and in
>>> addition it might be fragile in some cases. Sorry for the noise.
>>
>> Hmmmm... that should probablt be run through the change process... it needs
>> release notes at least!
>
> No, I'm sure Ondřej only meant that he'd revert the replacement
> of the /media directory with a symlink to /run/media, which was in Rawhide
> for only two weeks or so.
>
> He does not intend to change the path where removable media get mounted.
>
> Michal

Ondrey, I hope that you meant you'd revert the entire change. and put
removeable media mounting back in /media. I've still not seen a single
reason for the move, only a bugzilla about getting it tot work
correctly. Following the more recent File System hierarchy documents
and putting it in the documented /media makes much more sense.