Maximum length of command line arguments

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Mon Aug 18 05:11:02 UTC 2014

This is of little practical consequence unless someone really wants to
pass a 2 MB command line to a program... but as a curiosity, I ran a
diff of a Koji build log from last year against a build from this year,
and I noticed something odd in the configure spew.

Old build log:
checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 1966080

New build log:
checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 1572864

Anyone know why this got smaller? It's 1572864 on my F20 machine as
well.