Contacting the Ocaml maintainers

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Aug 22 20:01:16 UTC 2014

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 09:17:16PM +0200, Dan HorĂ¡k wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Aug 2014 21:11:50 +0200
> Florian Weimer <fw at deneb.enyo.de> wrote:
>
> > What is the recommended way to contact the Ocaml maintainers?
> >
> > There is a systematic packaging bug which introduces unusable i686
> > packages into the x86_64 compose, and despite repeated messages to
> > ocaml-devel, I did not receive a response:
> >
> > <https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ocaml-devel/2014-July/002265.html>

This list is dead AFAIK.  I certainly haven't read it in many years,
and we've been trying to delete it (without success, it seems).

> hm, Richard (rwmjones) is usually very responsive ...
>
> I think the solution for the i686 ocaml devel files is to update the
> multilib policy in mash to exclude ocaml-* completely

As Dan says, multilib is inappropriate for OCaml.  There's never any
reason why you would want to use 32 bit OCaml packages if you have a
64 bit machine.  So simply blocking i686 on x86-64 is the way to go.

There is even a bug about it, but I cannot find it in BZ right now.

Rich.

http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v