OCaml 4.02.0+rc1 rebuild (was: Re: Contacting the Ocaml maintainers)

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Aug 26 08:02:17 UTC 2014

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 01:22:04PM -0600, Jerry James wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 9:28 AM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com> wrote:
> > This is complete now.  There were four or five packages which didn't
> > rebuild which I'll look at after the UK public holiday.
>
> Your rebuild script did coq, flocq, and why3, but not gappalib-coq,
> frama-c, or why.  There are ordering dependencies here, too.

I don't have any control over the build ordering.

The script should build them in BuildRequires order automatically.
However in this case I have blocked frama-c and gappalib-coq because
they didn't build in the previous round, see:

http://git.annexia.org/?p=goals.git;a=blob;f=fedora_ocaml_rebuild.ml;h=c708223078ddba42b6bd854e3d297f1b0f2ebe8b;hb=HEAD#l25

The script also blocks any dependencies recursively.

If they build now, I can unblock them and their dependencies and rerun
the script.

> Also, the ocaml-tplib build is failing because this invocation:
>
> ocamlbuild -cflag -g -lflag -g -ocamlc ocp-ocamlc.opt -ocamlopt
> ocp-ocamlopt.opt -classic-display -no-links -build-dir _build
> -use-ocamlfind src/tplib.mllib src/numeric.cmi src/semiring.cmi
> src/vector.cmi src/halfspace.cmi src/hypergraph.cmi src/tplib_core.cmi
> src/tplib_abstract.cmi src/numeric_plugins/zarith_plugin.cmxs
> src/bindings/tplib_double_callback.obj.o
> src/bindings/tplib_rational_callback.obj.o src/compute_ext_rays.native
> src/compute_ext_rays_polar.native src/compute_halfspaces.native
> src/compute_tangent_hypergraph.native
> src/compute_minimal_external_representations.native
> src/compute_tropical_complex.native
>
> prompts ocamlbuild to issue this command:
>
> ocamlfind ocp-ocamlopt.opt unix.cmxa -I /usr/lib64/ocaml/ocamlbuild
> /usr/lib64/ocaml/ocamlbuild/ocamlbuildlib.cmxa -g -linkpkg
> myocamlbuild.ml /usr/lib64/ocaml/ocamlbuild/ocamlbuild.cmx -o
> myocamlbuild
>
> but ocamlfind doesn't know anything about an ocp-ocamlopt.opt command:
>
> Usage: ocamlfind query        [-help | other options] <package_name> ...
>    or: ocamlfind ocamlc       [-help | other options] <file> ...
>    or: ocamlfind ocamlcp      [-help | other options] <file> ...
>    or: ocamlfind ocamlmklib   [-help | other options] <file> ...
>    or: ocamlfind ocamlmktop   [-help | other options] <file> ...
>    or: ocamlfind ocamlopt     [-help | other options] <file> ...
>    or: ocamlfind ocamloptp    [-help | other options] <file> ...
>    or: ocamlfind ocamldep     [-help | other options] <file> ...
>    or: ocamlfind ocamlbrowser [-help | other options]
>    or: ocamlfind ocamldoc     [-help | other options] <file> ...
>    or: ocamlfind install      [-help | other options] <package_name> <file> ...
>    or: ocamlfind remove       [-help | other options] <package_name>
>    or: ocamlfind printconf    [-help] [variable]
>    or: ocamlfind list
>    or: ocamlfind pkg/cmd arg ...
> Select toolchain with:
>   ocamlfind -toolchain <t> <command>
> Abbreviations:
>   e.g. ocamlfind opt instead of ocamlfind ocamlopt
> Command exited with code 2.
>
> If I build for Fedora 21 instead, that same ocambuild invocation
> results in this command being issued:
>
> ocamlfind ocamlopt unix.cmxa -I /usr/lib64/ocaml/ocamlbuild
> /usr/lib64/ocaml/ocamlbuild/ocamlbuildlib.cmxa -g -linkpkg
> myocamlbuild.ml /usr/lib64/ocaml/ocamlbuild/ocamlbuild.cmx -o
> myocamlbuild
>
> which works.  Apparently the meaning of the -ocamlopt option to
> ocamlbuild has changed.  Do you have any suggestions on how to deal
> with the situation?

I'm not very familiar with ocamlbuild.  In fact I didn't and still
don't agree with it on principle.  Guess we need to ask upstream to
fix this.

Rich.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW