systemd dependencies

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Tue Aug 26 12:22:50 UTC 2014

Dne 26.8.2014 13:51, Lennart Poettering napsal(a):
> On Tue, 26.08.14 12:59, Vít Ondruch (vondruch at redhat.com) wrote:
>
>> 2) sytemd should consider to provide -filesystem package, which would
>> limit the dependency to single small package (but this might be return
>> to the -units subpackage days? Not sure).
> Why?
>
> I am really against splitting things up into a million of subpackages,
> unless you have a ver good reason for a split.
>
> Lennart

I am against installing million packages when I expect one. If I saw
systemd-filesystem installed, then I would think that something needs to
be placed into the systemd folder structure, but it was not worth of
splitting into the separate package, e.g. small unit file. But when I
see systemd and 5 other packages installed when I want to install
subversion, that looks fishy to me.

Vít