fakesystemd package breaking builds

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Wed Aug 27 12:28:34 UTC 2014

Seems the fakesystemd package is breaking some rawhide builds, particularly
because it is getting pulled into the buildroot and that it contains:
Conflicts: systemd

Example qt:
https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=7452802

(which is no direct systemd dependencies, mind you)

I can guess why this fakesystemd package came into existence, but I question
the wisdom behind it's implementation.  As far as I can tell, it contains
only:
Provides: systemd
(and a few other systemd-related dependencies)

systemd-related directories
systemd macros

I'd argue
* these last 2 items could easily be shared with the real systemd package
(ie, systemd could grow systemd-filesystem and/or systemd-macros subpkgs)
and should not be duplicated here.
* fakesystemd should be untagged until the reasons behind these failures are
better understood and fixed

-- Rex