How many users does Fedora have?

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 11:26:07 UTC 2014

While we're on it (in the form "how many devs do we have"): How
hard/impossible/unsuitable would it be to get a usable estimate on the #
of users, per package?

Here are so many problems, technical, policy, resources, (others?). That
said, feedback in the form "How many users uses/installs my package"
would IMHO be a great input for any packager. It would be the difference
between dropping the package in a black hole vs getting a message back
from the community.

Lets face it: I envy those who can measure the usage from a download
counter or so. Can we have something similar?

Could we even give people a badge when users actually uses a package ?
(hrmpf :) )

Cheers!

--alec