"Tick-tock" release cadence?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Dec 4 15:54:01 UTC 2014

Am 04.12.2014 um 16:48 schrieb drago01:
> On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 3:51 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
>> +1 for the proposal in general from me because i am one of them suggesting
>> for years that every second release should have the focus on bugfixes /
>> polish / get large features from the previous release mature
>>
>> keep in mind that this *finally* could even lead to faster development
>> because annoying bugs people struggle with and can't be fixed that quick in
>> the current cycles may go away
>
> Well forbidding features for 6 months wont get people to start fixing
> bugs they will work on those features anyway (just only upstream)

even it that case it means new and rough features become mature before
included in a GA release

> That only works if you have paid developers that you have control
> over. If you have volunteers ... it won't work. It would be pretty
> much just mean "skip every second release" because that "bug fixing"
> wouldn't be any different from what you get from updates

not really - if that would be true any Fedora policy would be ignored
most of the time because "i am a volunteer and do what i want"

don't talk about *the developers* premature

i guess there are enough stressed all the time because they have plenty
work on their to-do list and need to spend integration and testing work
caused by other large features (not their own ones)