"Tick-tock" release cadence?

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Thu Dec 4 17:27:42 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-12-04 at 09:39 -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:

> What do you think? Would this help towards the goals listed above?
> Would it help _other_ things? What downsides would it bring?

I think it is not useful to set up a general mechanism of alternating
releases and borrow a name for it before you've discussed what concrete
tasks in release engineering and qa there are that we just cannot get
done. You're essentially asking ask to buy the cat in the bag...

If we agree to this, will we get

https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/5721

resolved for f22 ? What about

https://phab.qadevel.cloud.fedoraproject.org/T377

I think it is much better to talk about concrete goals and tasks in the
rel-eng and qa space than about 'tick-tock' schedules. We're building an
OS after all, not a cuckoo clock :-)