Not-very-reassuring info on FedUp wiki page for F21

Thomas Gilliard satellitgo at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 20:10:07 UTC 2014

I did some testing of fedup on external USB HD- bios boot for #fedora-qa [1]

1-) Backup your work before attempting this
2-) fully update your f20 install (disable any no-fedora repositories)
3-) In root terminal:

yum update
yum install fedup
fedup --network 21 --product workstation

Possible commands:
     product [workstation|server|cloud|nonproduct]

     use --product nonproduct for KDE ;other spins and minimal :
fedup --network 21 --product nonproduct
     reboot system
     "System Upgrade Fedup" on boot menu
  here is how I did it:   (fedup-dracut-0.9.0 )
     NOTE: Terminal display stops updating at about 68%
     TO FIX: Hit {alt} key or switch to {alt-f2} then {alt-f1}

[1]
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Fedora_21#fedup_Updating_f20_desktop_to_f21_workstation

Tom Gilliard
satellit on #fedora-qa