"Workstation" Product defaults to wide-open firewall

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Mon Dec 8 08:18:54 UTC 2014

Igor Gnatenko <i.gnatenko.brain <at> gmail.com> writes:

> you forget about DLNA sharing, and some more GNOME services.

I googled for "DLNA sharing" to find out which ports it uses, and it seems
that all of those ports are closed. Are there any specific ports you would
expect to be open?

BTW, I just realized that my router is probably blocking unsolicited
incoming packets, so it's possible the firewall itself might be as open as
Kevin says it is. I'd have to read up a bit to learn how to check. Still,
with the router doing its job, and Transmission not being a pain to set up
anymore, I'm happy.