"Workstation" Product defaults to wide-open firewall

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Mon Dec 8 13:55:36 UTC 2014

On Mon, Dec 08, 2014 at 11:40:30AM +0100, Michael Spahn wrote:
> I hope it's not needed to mentions that we are not Ubuntu, Windows or
> OSx. We are a free and open Linux distribution and every step in
> another direction is an attack against the ideas of free open source
> and open mind.

Let's please not go this way with the discussion. There's no one here
who doesn't want free software and openness to win. It's a matter of
how we get there, and on this particular matter, reasonable people
clearly can disagree — but let's please keep that disagreement
_reasonable_, rather than making accusatory arguments.

That's the main point, but as a secondary one, please take a look at
<http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Workstation/Workstation_PRD>. We aren't
those other operating systems, but the target audience that Workstation
is aiming for _isn't_ entirely the traditional Fedora userbase. That's
a good thing; we have a model here were we can actually have different
configurations for different use cases.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>