"Workstation" Product defaults to wide-open firewall

Bastien Nocera bnocera at redhat.com
Mon Dec 8 15:29:47 UTC 2014

You're completely right, I won't follow security experts' ideas on UI, just as I won't follow a UX designers' ideas on security.

I was happy to act as the go between to fix a long-standing problem, only to be told 6 month later that they accepted the
change because we gave them a choice that was never even put on the table.

The only possible effect of that is that we won't ask "security experts" again. At least those ones.