"Workstation" Product defaults to wide-open firewall

DJ Delorie dj at redhat.com
Mon Dec 8 18:26:00 UTC 2014

> So the target audience has shifted from developers to developers who
> don't understand ports, don't like user prompts and are behind
> enterprise firewalls.

Certainly not.  I've never assumed I was an "average user".  There are
many different reasons why people might want a more open firewall
configuration, mine is only one of them.

Also, I do understand ports (I've written lots of networking software)
and it would be wonderful if we had a popup that said "Your
application <foo> wants to accept traffic from the Internet, is that
OK?" but I understand how difficult that would be to implement.

Fedora is about choice.  My OP on this thread was to show that at
least one person was happy with the new choice when everyone else
seemed to be trying to remove that choice from me.  *Why* I am happy
with that choice is up to me.