"Workstation" Product defaults to wide-open firewall

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Mon Dec 8 18:41:40 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-12-08 at 18:40 +0100, Reindl Harald wrote:

> * vulnerable port open

Yeah, see, this bit right here is the actual issue.  Curiously, AV
software on Other Operating Systems has had the ability to delegate this
very policy decision to the user session for at least a decade, and yet
nobody on this thread seems to have any desire to _write code_ to _fix
the problem_.

Instead we are treated to infinite spew about how nostalgic we are for a
security model we learned in 1996.  Sorry y'all, port-based security
does not match reality's threat model.  Let's be better than that.

- ajax