"Workstation" Product defaults to wide-open firewall

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Mon Dec 8 23:06:54 UTC 2014

On Mon, Dec 08, 2014 at 11:54:30PM +0100, Alec Leamas wrote:
> When a lot of people are surprised, isn't that a sign of a process
> problem? Should we try to avoid surprises like this?. If so, how?
>
> (I'm not trying to be argumentative or to blame anyone; if my pidgin
> English gives that impression please ignore it).

No argument taken — it's a very good point. One of the things we're
going through is a process of decentralization, where more and more of
these kind of decisions can be made by the different working groups
(and spins, too) rather than all being done in FESCo. And that _does_
mean that we'll have to get better at communication.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>