Are both the audio and jackuser groups necessary?

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 23:35:56 UTC 2014

On 8 December 2014 at 15:15, Jonathan Underwood
<jonathan.underwood at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A perhaps naive question, but is it really necessary to have both the
> "audio" and "jackuser" groups? Could these not be consolidated moving
> forward?

jackuser is used for realtime priority and memlock rights,
/etc/security/limits.d/95-jack.conf. I'm not certain how audio is used
these days with pulseaudio in the mix, but it's still attached to
devices in /dev/snd, so they do quite different things.

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk