"Workstation" Product defaults to wide-open firewall

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Dec 9 02:37:45 UTC 2014

Matthias Clasen wrote:
> It is clear by now that you don't agree with the decision the
> workstation WG has taken on this topic. I don't think rehashing the same
> arguments over and over will lead to any new insights.

What we want this discussion to lead to is:
1. the decision to get fixed in a security update, like the PolicyKit policy
   for PackageKit in F12 (which was also deliberate, but broken) was, and
2. the whole flawed concept of per-Product configuration to be abandoned for
   all future Fedora releases, seeing what it has lead to.

        Kevin Kofler