"Workstation" Product defaults to wide-open firewall

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Tue Dec 9 14:06:29 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-12-09 at 08:23 -0500, Bastien Nocera wrote:

> [...]

Just to answer that, you're assuming that the only risk is to the local
machine. A service running in a local user session can be opening a port
for a command-and-control server somewhere out on the internet to use
the machine as a bot-net. That's likely not going to have much of an
effect on your local machine (besides increasing load), but it *is* a
security concern.