Allow internet/network access based on binary -- ask user for permission if a binary wants to connect to the internet

Daniel J Walsh dwalsh at redhat.com
Tue Dec 9 13:39:14 UTC 2014

You can do this with SELinux and confined users somewhat.

YOU basically could setup a user as xguest with no network access and
then write
policy to transition to certain domains that can use the internet.  No
ability to prompt the user
though.

This will get you most of the way you want to go, but somethings can be
tricky.

Also lots of apps contact the network just by calling getpw* calls, if
you have certain settings in nsswitch.