"Workstation" Product defaults to wide-open firewall

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 17:53:43 UTC 2014

On 9 December 2014 at 10:46, Alec Leamas <leamas.alec at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 09/12/14 18:39, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
>

>> On 9 December 2014 at 10:27, Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com
>>

> [cut]
>
>      OS X's firewall is disabled by default. Where's the outcry?
>>

>> It was a long time ago and it basically caused it to have extra
>> configurations before it could be 'ok'd' for various corporate and
>> government sites. Not something Fedora Workstation is aiming at.
>>

> Hm... has anyone a feeling about how such entities would react to the
> current firewall defaults (open for user ports)?  Do we care?

Same way, and we do not care for this release. Later releases can be dealt
with when they come about.

In the end, this is a tempest in a teapot. The release is out and it is
done. I don't like it, but my yelling and screaming and spitting in an
autistic rage did not fix it so its time to move on so that is what I am
going to do.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.