"Workstation" Product defaults to wide-open firewall

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Dec 9 19:55:38 UTC 2014

Am 09.12.2014 um 20:51 schrieb Pete Travis:
> Hmm... a whitelist of things that are allowed to ask for firewall
> accommodation doesn't help me develop new applications at all.  And
> you're jumping to a really high level UI thing and just sort of hand
> waving over the mechanism needed to make it all work.  Assigning
> different networks to zones is a different problem compared to a program
> asking for a port.

don't get me wrong but if it is too much asked for you to open a
firewall port i don't want to have your network-aware new application on
my machines or any machine working in networks i am responsible for

a prerequisite for develop network applications is understanding of
network basics and if your application don't use networking you are not
affected