Review swap -- Budgie Desktop

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed Dec 10 09:19:24 UTC 2014

On 12/08/2014 05:06 PM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 08, 2014 at 11:01:50AM -0500, Bastien Nocera wrote:

For some reasons, this currently is inaccessible (Error 503) ;)

> "Exceptions are granted on a case-by-case basis by FPC.  You can look
> in the following section for help on making a case for why an
> exception should be granted. You should open up a ticket in the FPC's
> trac with information asked for below. " and below is a section called
> "Some reasons you might be granted an exception" with a "Copylibs"
> subheading. So Unless I'm confusing something, an FPC stamp is still
> needed.

Yes. We (FPC) usually examines those cases, and either grants a copylib
exception (I.e. mandates these packages to be add Provided: bundled(...)
or these packages to be converted to provide/shared libs).

Please file an FPC ticket to initiate this process.

>> It's copy/pasted in the control-center package (that's the original code),
>> in gnome-settings-daemon and in gnome-shell.
;)

Ralf