Poll: How users use DNF

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek zbyszek at in.waw.pl
Wed Dec 10 16:17:49 UTC 2014

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 02:32:35PM +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Petr Spacek wrote:
> > I would be happy if
> > $ yum reinstall ~/rpmbuild/RPMS/*/*
> > reinstalled/upgradeed/downgraded only packages which are actually
> > installed and ignored the rest.
>
> In this case, you should be able to just use rpm -Fvh. (I assume the
> dependencies are already installed, which is likely to be the case if you
> already have a different version of the same package.)
I use rpm -Fvh too, but it's not always convenient. It'll only install
*newer* packages, and it will not install dependencies. E.g. for python
packages, dependencies often do not have to be installed during build,
so even if building a package, not everything required for installation
is there.

Zbyszek