Other download options

Ben Cotton bcotton at fedoraproject.org
Wed Dec 10 20:29:00 UTC 2014

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 1:19 PM, Mike Pinkerton <pselists at mindspring.com> wrote:

> Primarily the uncertainty of what changes the Workstation WG has made,
> coupled with Matthew Miller's comments that:
>
> <deletia>
>
> I also don't know whether Workstation updates will pull in other similarly
> bad ideas in the future, and whether I would have to re-audit all of the
> configuration after each update.

I understand the frustration. This case has pointed out some areas
where the communications process could be improved (though I expect
the number of subscribers to the workstation mailing list has gone up
dramatically in the last few days). Your reasons for avoiding using
Workstation don't seem that new, though. Changes have always been able
to pass under the radar, either because of process failure, or the
simple fact of missing the email thread. Going forward, I'd hope the
WGs will use this as an example to better communicate WG-specific
changes, but relying on out-of-the-box configuration to match your
desired state doesn't seem sustainable.

Thanks,
BC

--