Poll: How users use DNF

Samuel Sieb samuel at sieb.net
Wed Dec 10 22:20:32 UTC 2014

On 12/10/2014 02:09 PM, Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
> I am using web proxy on Synology NAS at home and all my Fedora machines
> use it for dnf/yum fetching. With on-disk cache set to 10GB it makes all
> system upgrades and mock builds very fast.

How does the proxy work with the various mirrors?  Do you have client
side settings to deal with that?

I wrote my own proxy in python that is specifically for yum and matches
filenames from any url.  It's quite a hack and fails once in a while,
but it saves me a huge amount of time and bandwidth with the large
amount of Fedora computers I manage.  I suppose I could mirror the whole
thing locally, but this way I only download the packages I need as I
need them.