"Workstation" Product defaults to wide-open firewall

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Thu Dec 11 12:22:22 UTC 2014

On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 06:03:49AM -0500, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> There's absolutely no way that firewalld is going to be anything but a
> Fedora-only thing, which is a first problem in getting any patches to
> upstream projects. Which is the first problem.

Well, it's a CentOS and RHEL thing, and it's at least _packaged_ in
Debian. It might indeed become more of a thing... I'm sure its authors
would like it to. I think the C rewrite will help, although I'm not
sure of the state of that. Maybe these days a Go implementation is
called for :) )

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>