Heads up! Fedora 21 and Ejabberd

Peter Lemenkov lemenkov at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 18:25:02 UTC 2014

Hello All!

I'm really sad to say that but I overlooked a very nasty upgrade issue
while updating Ejabberd up to a very recent version. As a result it's
barely working now (at least some perfectly valid configurations are
now refusing connections) and what is even worse *it will wipe out all
the data from the previous ejabberd installation* (chat logs, history,
user subscriptions, etc) during the upgrade.

So far I have the only advice - don't upgrade Ejabberd if possible.
I'll try to provide a fixed build soon.

I'm terribly sorry for that.

--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.