Poll: How users use DNF

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Dec 11 19:28:52 UTC 2014

On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 09:06:46AM -0800, Samuel Sieb wrote:
> On 12/11/2014 02:57 AM, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> >This is definitely a thing which is needed.
> >
> >Also:
> >
> >http://rwmj.wordpress.com/2013/09/09/half-baked-idea-content-addressable-web-proxy/#content
> >
> I did read that.  It's one step beyond what I have, but how does the
> hash get sent?  The client would need to be modified (yum plugin?)
> to send the hash.

Yes, it does require a modified client.

Yum already has the hash information - there are sha256 checksums of
the RPMs in the primary XML metadata.  Yum just needs to send them in
the HTTP request.  So I'm assuming the modifications are fairly
simple.  (Not actually have done them or tried to do them of course!)

> My proxy is actually pretty effective as it is.  It just needs to be
> a bit more robust about slow or stuck connections.

Rich.