Fedora Installation Needs Intelligence

Jan Kratochvil jan.kratochvil at redhat.com
Fri Dec 12 07:14:30 UTC 2014

On Fri, 12 Dec 2014 01:37:52 +0100, john.tiger wrote:
> 2) If key requirement is missing / insufficient then pop
> suggestion - if it's a non shipping proprietary issue, then provide popup
> dialog info and links to get problem solved - none of the current "go look
> it up" - needs the right info right there

First wireless is not a requirement, I do not use wireless anywhere for PCs as
wired connection is in all aspects (except for the wire) better.

Second Fedora has more strict Free software policy:
	https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Forbidden_items
	The proprietary software and drivers discussed may be available from
	the respective owners and other vendors. Fedora Project instead highly
	recommends that you support the right vendors and get hardware that
	can work with completely free and open source software

>From my own experience I had nVidia gfx card in one computer and its user
wanted 3D so I trashed that crap and bought there ATI gfx card instead.
Since that time everything works out of the box.  Low-end Free software
friendly card is really not such a financial burden.  The same can be applied
to WiFi USB - when one was unfortunate to buy/get Free software hostile
hardware in the first place.

Jan