F21 downloads repository metadata in 3 places!

Samuel Sieb samuel at sieb.net
Sun Dec 14 07:32:23 UTC 2014

On 12/13/2014 01:10 PM, Hedayat Vatankhah wrote:
> Hi!
> I noticed that F21 can potentially download repository metadata 3 times:
> 1. Yum cache 2. DNF cache 3. PackageKit cache! It really hurts to see

I'm not aware of the PackageKit cache, where is it?

I did accidentally discover about dnf recently on some F20 systems.  I
don't remember if it was network traffic or disk space that tipped me
off, but I discovered that dnf was downloading stuff when I didn't even
know it was installed.  I immediately disabled it, but that does seem
like rather unfriendly behaviour...