F21 downloads repository metadata in 3 places!

Sudhir Khanger ml at sudhirkhanger.com
Sun Dec 14 10:17:40 UTC 2014

On Sunday, December 14, 2014 12:09:14 PM Hedayat Vatankhah wrote:
> I'd call it evil. Apparently, nobody around here cares. I think I should
> start thinking about my own "Fedora for Poor" product.

It certainly affects me.

Most decision are being made on two assumptions 1. people have fast and
unlimited internet connections and 2. people have high RAM and multiple core
CPU powerful computers. Both of these assumptions are arbitrarily at best. DNF
regularly downloads cache, disables delta RPM support, and doesn't support
local repos. Instead of implementing different profiles for different type of
networks like wifi vs mobile we are throwing it out without people's consent.
I am in favor of automation but it should be implemented when it's ready.

--
Regards,
Sudhir Khanger,