F21 downloads repository metadata in 3 places!

Robert Marcano robert at marcanoonline.com
Mon Dec 15 14:22:35 UTC 2014

On 12/15/2014 09:38 AM, Felix Schwarz wrote:
> Am 15.12.2014 um 14:29 schrieb Richard Hughes:
>> At the moment the PK front-ends only download when on wifi or wired.
>> Do you have an actual use-case for per-network configuration?
>
> Well I think the whole idea of "wifi === unmetered" is flawed. For example I
> use a UMTS/Wifi router so I can use multiple devices when I'm on the road (and
> don't have to bother configuring my Fedora laptop to use the UMTS stick
> correctly).

True, Android has UI inside the "Data Usage" activity, used to tell
which network connections are metered (top right menu -> network
restrictions)

It is perfect because I tether my tablet to my phone internet service,
that way the tablet knows it is on a 3G like connection. This is important.

This should not be restricted wireless connections, because you can
tether via USB, or you can have a 3G modem with an Ethernet port.