F21 downloads repository metadata in 3 places!

Robert Marcano robert at marcanoonline.com
Mon Dec 15 15:40:57 UTC 2014

On 12/15/2014 10:02 AM, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On 15 December 2014 at 14:08, Felix Schwarz <fschwarz at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> Well I think the whole idea of "wifi === unmetered" is flawed.
>
> It's as good a metric as we've got. When you set up a personal bridge
> between UMTS/wifi, or even GPRS/wired there's no metadata on the
> connection about this kind of setup. If the AP name had some kind of
> prefix/suffix we could use that as a clue, but I don't think just
> sticking yet another checkbox into a UI is going to solve this for all
> people.

Android has it

http://www.androidcentral.com/how-tag-wifi-access-points-hotspots-your-android-device

Windows has it

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-enable-metered-wi-fi-connections-in-windows-8/

Why a Workstation product can't, this is not about adding a setting for
just only being extremely flexible, It is a setting that will help users
a lot.