F22 System Wide Change: Change xorg input stack to use libinput

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Mon Dec 15 22:38:50 UTC 2014

On 15/12/14 21:39, Peter Hutterer wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 13, 2014 at 10:15:41AM +0000, Tom Hughes wrote:
>> On 13/12/14 01:10, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>>
>>> An additional objection I have to this change proposal is that libinput
>>> (deliberately) only implements a small subset of the configurability of the
>>> old drivers, and thus, if we are going to remove the old drivers entirely,
>>> we are taking away flexibility from our users.
>>
>> Indeed. Is it, for example, still the case that the libinput developers are
>> refusing to consider things like definable button areas on clickpads so you
>> can create a proper middle button?
>
> Have you filed a bug for it?

Well based on
http://who-t.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/libinput-common-input-stack-for-wayland.html
I didn't think there was any point...

What I did do after writing my email above was to go and half implement
it, mostly to see if it would be feasible to maintain a locally patched
libinput.

So if you're interested I have code that (hopefully) allows a middle
button to exist, but I haven't added any way of configuring that button
yet so it's size is just hard coded.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)