Did I mess up? [dcmtk abi change in stable branches]

Mario Ceresa mrceresa at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 09:58:17 UTC 2014

Dear all,
I need some help because I messed up with the last update of dcmtk. I
upgraded the package in rawhide because a vulnerability was discovered and
then happily submitted updates for f20 and f21 as well.

However, in the upgrade there was an abi change (from 3.6 to 3.6.1) which
is small, but enough to break the rpm dependency parsing for orthanc and
aeskulap packages.

Now, simply recompiling them fixes the problem in rawhide, but how can I
avoid breaking things in stable branches? Is there a way to have all three
packages hit the repositories at the same time?

Thanks for your help and sorry for messing up,

Mario

BTW: great work with f21!