F21 downloads repository metadata in 3 places!

Robert Marcano robert at marcanoonline.com
Thu Dec 18 00:50:02 UTC 2014

On Dec 17, 2014 4:44 AM, "Richard Hughes" <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 17 December 2014 at 00:00, Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro at gnome.org>
wrote:
> > This particular setting is
> > frequently-requested and extremely important for users in the developing
> > world and users who tether, so I think it would be good to provide it
> > somewhere in the UI. (But where?)
>
> I'm erring on the network panel in gnome-control-center; but I agree
> there's no really good place for this kind of thing.

It is the best place for it, the Network panel can create bridges, not a
very user oriented feature, that I don't think a user needed setting for
"Disable (or limit) background data" or something like that should be seen
like too much options. With a good spec other apps outside Software/DNF
could be a little more careful with metered connections