F21 downloads repository metadata in 3 places!

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Dec 18 03:34:46 UTC 2014

Richard Hughes wrote:
> I'm erring on the network panel in gnome-control-center; but I agree
> there's no really good place for this kind of thing.

KDE has the setting in Apper under [Tools icon⌄] "Preferences" in the first
(selected by default) tab ("General Settings"). It's called "Check for
updates:", and it's a dropdown list with the options "Hourly", "Daily",
"Weekly", "Monthly" or "Never". IMHO, that's clearly the right place and UI
for this setting.

        Kevin Kofler