F21 downloads repository metadata in 3 places!

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 04:15:23 UTC 2014

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 4:17 AM, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 16 December 2014 at 23:40, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
>> feels like new faster and larger hardware is for 90% used that developers
>> don't need to consider ressource constraints because i don#t see that much
>> more functionality or in fact over the last 10 years GNOME vene removed more
>> visible functions then it added
>
> I suspect I'm being trolled here, but if you've seen no progress in
> GNOME in the last 10 years then I think you need to look harder. We
> can't design a modern OS for hardware that's ten years old.
>
> Richard

I consider Gnome development to have been a profound expansion of the
precise problems with open source interfaces described in Eric
Raymond's "Luxury of Ignorance" essay. It violates *every single one*
of his suggested design guidelines, and the guidelines which I sent
him and he added as a postscript. So I can honestly say that it's not
progressed overall, though new features have been added.