AppData Screenshot Requirements

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 09:54:23 UTC 2014

On 18 December 2014 at 09:46, Bastien Nocera <bnocera at redhat.com> wrote:
> To be honest, the "slowly evolving" AppData requirements/changes have
> also grated me the wrong way.

Okay, so that's probably something we need to do something about.
Would more frequent blogging help or hinder this?

> I get confused by the upstream vs. Fedora requirements,

They are the same thing, no?

> I get confused by the F21 vs. F22 requirements.

So, at the moment the only way that F22 and F21 differ is that F22
requires a minimum icon size of 48px, and f21 requires 32px. Most
actively maintained packages (especially the kind of ones you
maintain) easily meet this requirement. Would a generated HTML page
of:

pkgname,fasname,application-id,green/red for F21, green/red for F22?

be a useful thing to do?

> I get annoyed that I can't easily test changes and see what it will look like

Doesn't dumping the updated AppData file in /usr/share/appdata work?

Richard