AppData Screenshot Requirements

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek zbyszek at in.waw.pl
Thu Dec 18 15:44:47 UTC 2014

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 01:22:04PM +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> >> They are the same thing, no?
> > You tell me ;)
>
> Yes, they are :)
>
> >> Would a generated HTML page ... be a useful thing to do?
> > That would be useful indeed, as long as it doesn't require too much work.
>
> This was a few minutes work:
> https://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/screenshots/f22/matrix.html
> ideas of other things to show most welcome.

I'm a bit confused by this. For emacs the output is:

emacs 	  	   emacs    OK 	    OK 	  OK		OK	Warning		OK
emacsclient 	   emacs    OK 	Warning   Warning 	OK	Warning		Failed

But emacsclient does not have an appdata file at all. It something wrong
with its .desktop file?

For zaz:

zaz	zaz	OK	OK	OK	Failed	Warning		Failed

The appdata file passed appdata-validate test a few weeks ago. Is this
things about missing icons something new or is this a false positive?

> >> Doesn't dumping the updated AppData file in /usr/share/appdata work?
> > I don't know. Does it? :)
>
> Yes, it does.
Good to know. This wasn't obvious.

Zbyszek