5tFTW: Fedora 21, 22, and 19, firewall discussion, and holiday break

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Dec 20 22:45:20 UTC 2014

Am 20.12.2014 um 23:32 schrieb Michael Catanzaro:
> On Sat, 2014-12-20 at 22:24 +0100, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> you completly ignored the following paragraph, my guess is because
>> "ask
>> the user" is considered harmful by GNOME upstream
>
> Well I read it, but yes, I do think that ask the user is harmful. We
> need to get out of the business of training users to click through
> security prompts. You and I will have to agree to disagree on this

how can not ask the user and open things anyways not be *much more
harmful* - that's completly illogical

instead of rely on a users action do the harm as default don't make
things better and it's simply impossible to have complex computer
systems working magical secure and maintaince free out of the box