chromium

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at znmeb.net
Sun Dec 21 03:18:44 UTC 2014

On Sat, Dec 20, 2014 at 5:51 PM, Gerald B. Cox <gbcox at bzb.us> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 20, 2014 at 8:33 AM, john.tiger <john.tigernassau at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Also as developers, we need to work with all browsers.
You need to work with all *popular* browsers. That's IE, Chrome
stable, Firefox stable and iOS Safari, perhaps Opera. Look at your
website's analytics and see what people are using to view your site
and test with those. *Chromium* has never been popular and hopefully
never will.

> If you're concerned about keeping your applications working with Chrome your
> best bet would be to install google-chrome-unstable to stay
> on the forefront of compatibility.  You can easily also switch to
> google-chrome-stable and google-chrome-beta if you wish.
> I don't believe you're going to get access to the chromium builds as quickly
> and easily.  Just ain't gonna happen anytime soon.
> I don't know anyone who even bothers with installing Chromium.  If you turn
> around and install Pepper Flash anyway, what's the point?

The last time I even touched Chromium was when it was the default
browser in Lubuntu. Fortunately the Lubuntu folks went back to
Firefox. ;-)