allowing programs to open ports

Björn Persson Bjorn at xn--rombobjrn-67a.se
Mon Dec 22 08:26:18 UTC 2014

Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
>Uhm no. You seem to be wanting a fight over something, and I have no
>mood to engage. I hope you have a more pleasant holidays than what
>your tone indicates you are currently having.

The idea of making two calls to open a port seemed like a bad design to
me, so I proposed what seemed like a better design. I received a reply
that rejected my proposal for a very vague technical reason and an
incomplete political reason, so I asked for clarification of both
reasons. I honestly can't see how any of that would come across as
picking a fight.

In general I wish people could discuss the technical merits of proposed
solutions without turning the discussions into personal fights all the
time.

--
Björn Persson