Why isn't F2FS support in the Kernel?

Gerald B. Cox gbcox at bzb.us
Mon Dec 22 17:20:05 UTC 2014

On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 8:16 AM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer at fedoraproject.org>
wrote:

> Really?  It's very disappointing that a single module that isn't used
> for anything in Fedora itself is disabled?  I understand the desire to
> want to tinker, but to be very disappointed in this is... well it's
> odd.

You're really deflecting quite a bit in your above response, but this one
takes the cake.  Really?
Does this look familiar to you:

"...The Fedora Project is sponsored by Redhat which invests in our
infrastructure and resources
to encourage collaboration and incubate innovative new technologies."

It isn't about a single module... you're a smart guy... you know better.

In any event, the whole point is now moot.  F2FS is out there and being
actively used.  Other distributions
include it.  Fedora should include it also.