How to take ownership of orphaned package: ddclient

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Dec 23 17:57:14 UTC 2014

On Tue, 23 Dec 2014 10:34:01 +0100
Kees de Jong <keesdejong at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I would like to take over this orphaned package:
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/orphaned/
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/package/ddclient/
>
> According to this webpage I should notify this email list:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Orphaned_package_that_need_new_maintainers
>
> I have no RPM packaging experience yet. That's why I want to take over
> an orphaned
> package to my liking and learn what's already been done. I'm already
> reading the package maintainer documentation. How should I proceed
> since I'm not a developer yet and can't change the ownership in the
> package database.

You will need to convince a sponsor to sponsor you.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_get_sponsored_into_the_packager_group?rd=Extras/HowToGetSponsored

Many sponsors like to see you put together a package for review or
'pre' review existing packages in the review queue to show that you
know what you are doing.

kevin