Why isn't F2FS support in the Kernel?

Gerald B. Cox gbcox at bzb.us
Wed Dec 24 17:04:59 UTC 2014

On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 3:00 AM, Matěj Cepl <mcepl at cepl.eu> wrote:

> I think you are a smart guy so you know better as well than ask
> somebody else to work for you on your pet project.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Building_a_custom_kernel

Thanks for the link, I'll take a look at it.  I don't really have much
experience with custom kernels,
but always willing to learn new things.

Just for the record, my intent was simply to comment on the Phoronix
article and the fact
that F2FS is being used and we don't have it.  It isn't a personal pet
project.
>From what I read it has the possibility of getting rid of FAT / NTFS on
flash devices;
which would be a good thing - and I thought that would be something the
Fedora community
would be interested with participating.

People contribute in many different ways, and I didn't think I needed to
possess a kernel skill-set
to broach this topic.

That is pretty much it.  No anger, no malice, no passive aggressive hidden
messages.
I appreciate the fact the issue is currently being considered.