Ramblings and questions regarding Fedora, but stemming from gnome-software and desktop environments

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 15:48:27 UTC 2014

On 27/12/14 23:26, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On 26 December 2014 at 20:32, Alexander Ploumistos

>> If gnome-software aims to be novice-user-friendly, at least the latter should definitely be an option.
>
> I don't see the logic there, sorry. Novice users don't understand the
> fine nuances of the design choices of different desktop environments.

Possibly. But isn't there quite a difference between the "novice user"
and the Fedora Workstation target user i. e., developers?

If so, it doesn't need to be bad - Gnome is is certainly not Fedora. But
wouldn't it raise questions about the Gnome Software application's role
in the workstation product?

Cheers!

--alec