Ramblings and questions regarding Fedora, but stemming from gnome-software and desktop environments

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Sun Dec 28 17:05:00 UTC 2014

On Sun, Dec 28, 2014 at 9:48 AM, Alec Leamas <leamas.alec at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Possibly. But isn't there quite a difference between the "novice user"
> and the Fedora Workstation target user i. e., developers?

Not necessarily. I wrote:

"Yes, Workstation targets developers, but not exclusively, and also
developers who use fancy IDEs and who don't work with the terminal. I
just don't want this thread to degenerate into a discussion of this
lousy definition [of normal/novice users], since it's not important.
What's important is that we want Workstation to be excellent for users
who never touch the terminal."

Fedora currently suffers from the impression that it is a complicated
OS for advanced users only, and that novices (including novice
developers) should use Ubuntu instead.